PROUDLY SPONSORED BY:
Pennsylvania Trout Season Has Arrived!
- The streams and lakes of Central Pennsylvania have something to offer every angler, from the native, state fish…the Brook to brown and rainbow trout, including the steelhead and golden rainbow!
- Here is some general information to help you through the start of the 2014 trout season!
- After the 8 a.m. opener on Saturday, April 12th, trout season runs 24-hours a day throughout the season!
- In addition to a fishing license, anglers over the age of 16 must acquire a Trout/Salmon permit.
- Your license must be clearly displayed on an outer apparel item and must be signed in ink. Also, make sure to keep proper proof of identification with you at all times!
- During the spring months, the water levels at many of the rivers and streams right here in Central Pennsylvania are high due to the winter run-off. The high water levels and fast running water can make it difficult when fishing for trout. To better your chances, try using salmon eggs as bait during the spring months! Many species of trout spawn during the spring months, which make salmon eggs the perfect bait!
- For more information, visit the Pennsylvania Fish & Boat Commission!